I know it has been awhile since I wrote here, but I have been going through a real rough patch and I haven't felt up to writing in quite some time. Most of you probably know I lost my job at Thanksgiving and then my grandfather (maternal) passed away that following Monday. In March my grandmother (maternal) as passed away. Dealing with the loss of my grandparents was tough, but I have been able to accept it. Dealing with the job loss has been much harder - although there have been some good lessons to learn.
I have learned that I need to do a better job of being humble and simply striving to do the best that I can at whatever job I may be doing. If I do my best, then God will take care of the rest. This has been a rather difficult lesson to learn, but it will definitely serve me well in the future.
The other lesson here is something that I should know but so easily forget and that is to put Christ at the center of everything I do. Having a daily devotional life is something that I have struggled with for a long time, especially when things are going well. It is so easy to go about life without really focusing on God during the good time and then trouble comes and we quickly go running back crying for help. God would prefer that we spend some time with Him every day, in good times and in bad. I now subscribe to a few e-mail devotionals that are helping (my unlimited free time helps too). That should help me stay grounded when I do find another job and hopefully I will always remember to start each day talking to God, because that is the key to a blessed life.
In other news: Renee graduated in December, passed her boards in February, and landed a nursing job in March. She works 3 12hr shifts on days each week and every third weekend. Oh yeah, Renee also got her hair cut.
No comments:
Post a Comment