Sunday, April 29, 2012

Update

It's been awhile since I wrote an update here, so I thought some news might be welcome as there have been some fun events recently.  If you haven't seen the photos of Facebook, Renee and I recently took a trip to Europe.  We went to Berlin, Prague, Vienna, and Budapest with Contiki on a 12 day trip.  Contiki is a tour company specifically for 18-35 year-olds.  In other words, everyone would be close to our age.  There were originally 51 of us on the trip.  We had 5 leave after Prague and 12 leave us in Vienna.  We did pick up 4 in Vienna.  There was a good international flavor to the group as we had people from New York, Chicago, San Francisco, the Philippines, Japan, the Netherlands, Great Britain, Australia, South Africa, and a tour manager from Italy.  The group definitely had a wild side add spent many a night out at the clubs.  We did stay out a few nights, but usually not as late as most people.  The sights were incredible and we would love to go back some time.  While every city had its own appeal and sights that we missed, I think we both felt like Prague was our favorite spot.  Prague had a great mix of Old World charm and modern charisma.  The people in Prague were very proud of their culture and tradition and felt that they were as good as Paris or London or Rome.  Umm...they are!  So many Americans focus on Western Europe and getting to Paris, London, Rome, Madrid, Barcelona, but they are missing some great treasures in Central Europe.  Prague Castle is the largest fortress in Europe.  It completely dominates the landscape in Prague and it looks quite comfortable doing so.  Vienna was the capital of the Habsburg Empire, one that dominated Europe for centuries.  There is a vast collection of Imperial silver that was truly stunning to behold.  Berlin's history is so interesting, especially in the 20th century with WWII and the Cold War.  Budapest has many springs that feed numerous baths that are definitely worth taking in if you have the chance (we did). 

Work continues to go well for both of us.  Renee has been an RN for over a year now and she continues to find her groove on Med-Surg.  Recent renovations at the hospital have brought private rooms to the floors and computers in each room that allows for computer charting.  Definitely a plus for Renee.  I have continued to grow at the credit union and developing my skills with loans.  I have been taking apps for awhile now and working with processing indirect apps.  Now I am developing a comfort level with closing loans.  I have closed some loans and it is not as hard as I thought.  As I grow I am finding that there is a lot to remember.  It is a challenge to remember it all and we all forget things from time to time.  Fortunately my bosses understand that and they are great about helping me remember things.  My co-workers are truly a blessing to work with.

Church is adjusting again as we are getting to know our new worship leader.  He started in March (right before the Europe trip) and so we have only been together as a band for about 4 weeks now.  The feel is different, but that is simply a result of having a different leader.  Each leader has their own style and we are quickly working to find the groove again.  I also recently purchased a new Martin guitar.  It has a great sound and I love it!  I think I am done buying guitars for quite awhile, although there are always accessories and pedals to buy. 

That is all for now.  Looking forward to summer and having fun with family and friends.  Probably not much traveling to be done this summer, but we will find time to relax and get away from Warsaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment