A lot happens in 5 years. You go from newborn to the beginning of a long academic journey that starts with kindergarten. You go from dorky 8th grader to confident high school senior; or from confident (and graduated) high school senior to adjusting to your first real adult job. Like I said, a lot happens in 5 years.
As of this past Friday it has been 5 years since I married my best friend Renee and, indeed, a lot has happened. I have gone from looking for a teaching job, through 2 years of substitute teaching and working practically every weekend for the YMCA, to mildly successful bank teller looking to move up in the industry. Renee has gone from working as a bank teller to Physical Therapy Aide to full time nursing student. Through it all we have had our ups and downs, good times and bad, but we still love each other very much. The past five years seem to have passed by in a blur and I am sure time won't be slowing down anytime soon. The next five years will bring all sorts of new adventures for us like finding a nursing job for Renee and adjusting to a life without textbooks (YEAH, I can't wait!). I love this ride called marriage and I couldn't have asked for a better partner that Renee.
In other news that is also quite fun, we got to visit with some friends from college this past week. Our friends Nathan and Mandy were on their way back to Connecticut from Minnesota and decided that Winona Lake was a good place to stop Tuesday evening. We really enjoyed the visit and were glad they could stop by. Also glad they came through on Tuesday and not Wednesday when they would have joined us in riding through tornado laced thunderstorms. Oh well, typical Indiana summer weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment