My thoughts on the things that I have learned so far and what I am continuing to learn.
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Minor LeagueBaseball
I love going to minor league games. The price is right and you are usually treated to a good game. Last night was definitely a good game. Renee and I went to watch the Fort Wayne TinCaps (single A affiliate of San Diego) take on the Bowling Green Hot Rods (Tampa Bay Rays). For the first seven innings it was pretty quiet except for two plays. The TinCaps hit a solo home run in the first and later on the Hot Rods failed on a suicide squeeze bunt (guy runs from third on the pitch and hopes the batter gets a bunt down, otherwise he is gone). The Hot Rods went quickly in the eighth and then we struck for two more runs. Going into the ninth with a 3-0 lead felt pretty good. Oh how wrong we were. The Hot Rods took off for five runs and the lead, taking all the air out of the crowd. Now trailing 5-3, it felt like we were going to lose. Then their pitched walked the leadoff man, and then the next guy, and the third guy. Three straight walks had the crowd thinking we could win. The pitcher was throwing it everywhere but the strike zone. Then he walked the next batter scoring a run, 5-4. Then he issued his fifth straight walk, 5-5. CRAZY! So now the score is tied and the bases are still loaded. Then the pitcher hit the next batter, 6-5. TinCaps win! I have never seen such a disaster on the mound. Five straight walks and then a hit batter to lose the game. I actually feel sorry for the pitcher. After the game there were some great fireworks. All-in-all, it was a really great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment