Sunday, June 2, 2013

Blogging the Bible: My hope in hard times



                Psalms 3 and 4 are both about David trusting God in the middle of a crisis.  David shows a clear trust in God and he writes about how God will deliver him and bring justice to his enemies.  David isn’t just hoping that deliverance will come – he knows God will deliver him.  There’s not much doubt in David’s prayer here.
                Frankly, I’m just not that confident.  My faith clearly isn’t as strong as David’s.  I have serious doubts and insecurities.  I don’t know how my own situation is going to end and I am not ready to accept all of the possible outcomes.  David knew it would end and he knew it would be for the best.  I don’t.  In the midst of all this, I have found comfort in the latest album from Tenth Avenue North, particularly the song Worn.  If you find yourself struggling, maybe you can find comfort as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment